My name is Rose.

Kids Got Talent

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/17/10
4:30 pm

So I'm trying to blog on a not-so-serious subject right now (saving those on one of my official rant and ramble days). This is hard because a lot of things are going through my head at this point (ex. liberalism, culturalism, religion, personal future demands, and...wow, Prince Harry is even spinning around in there; who would have known!).

Anyway all of those are debatable issues which I'm too drained to write on and they are lenghty issues aka I don't feel like typing my fingers to the bone.


So I'll just talk about something more light-hearted and simple. How about kids with talent? Alright? Sounds good! Here are some pretty extraordinary videos of toddlers and kids.

Alright, let's get started...

# 1:

This adorable three year old recites one of my most favorite poems called, Litany by Billy Collins. I don't even know it by heart!!! Talk about talent at three years old.

"You are the bread and the knife,
the crystal goblet and the wine.
You are the dew on the morning grass
and the burning wheel of the sun.
You are the white apron of the baker,
and the marsh birds suddenly in flight.

However, you are not the wind in the orchard,
the plums on the counter,
or the house of cards.
And you are certainly not the pine-scented air.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air.

It is possible that you are the fish under the bridge,
maybe even the pigeon on the general's head,
but you are not even close
to being the field of cornflowers at dusk.

And a quick look in the mirror will show
that you are neither the boots in the corner
nor the boat asleep in its boathouse.

It might interest you to know,
speaking of the plentiful imagery of the world,
that I am the sound of rain on the roof.

I also happen to be the shooting star,
the evening paper blowing down an alley
and the basket of chestnuts on the kitchen table.

I am also the moon in the trees
and the blind woman's tea cup.
But don't worry, I'm not the bread and the knife.
You are still the bread and the knife.
You will always be the bread and the knife,
not to mention the crystal goblet and--somehow--the wine."

#2:

Here's another astounding three year old. He, I believe, is going to be the most amazing music conductor of his time. It's not just what he's doing that astounds me, it is the passion for music that is clearly written upon his face at such a young age!! I wish this was the longer version but sadly it's the shorter one on youtube. Still, it's pretty awesome.

#3:

This Six year old, Emily, is a prodigy. Her jazz style and own compositions blow me away. I love jazz musicians so to see that was like, "Wwwooowww." the first viedo is an interview, the second video is of her playing the jazz bit, "Satin Doll," and the third is one of her own personal composition (The Love In Us) with orchestra accompaniment. It's really astounding and filled with innocent peace. I love it.









#4:
And last but not least, the adorable Cajun girl, Bailey Michelle. Not exactly talented to, "Play with your rabbit in the morning and eat him for supper," BUT it's adorable none-the-less.


There you have it. The reason I couldn't put up more is because youtube is having some technical difficulties (but don't worry; they sent a batch of highly trained monkeys to handle the problem). I guess it won't be available for a while now...

With peaceful sincerity,
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP