My name is Rose.

I've Got a Gift For you!

>> Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've been thinking about True Love A LOT lately since I've enrolled in online courses. Thinking about love between Christ and His bride soon led me to pondering about the love between a man and a woman. And I've been asking God questions about it and I'm learning it's a beautiful thing and precious in His eyes.

So many of us are sick of hearing that dread L-word because, let's be honest, Hollywood and society in general just abuse it. We love our books, our clothes, our dog and the way our green beans are cooked. When we compare the same feeling to a human being that we declare over our dinner food isn't really the same emotions at all!

The truth is, love is a very special, very sacred, very precious thing--ESPECIALLY the love between a man and a woman. It is one of the richest of emotions that should not be taken or treated lightly. Although I have not personally experienced it in the aspect of marriage and the precursor of courting, I feel the weight of its power even as I stand and observe it at a distance. So I find myself searching the scriptures and asking God what He says about it.

In my searching I found one of the most cliche verses and suddenly beheld it in a new light.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." Without these, the writer continues, we have nothing--no love at all!

My final thoughts I want to leave with all of you before I get to my Valentines day gift for my readers is this:

No matter what age you are, or what place you are at in a relationship, if you think you have found The One, it is best to ask yourself this question: speaking in future terms, do I want to daily walk out all of these fruits of love and place myself on the alter of sacrifice for this person year after year, month after month, day after day, minute after minute EVEN IF THEY DON'T DO THE SAME FOR ME? It may take a long time to answer this question but if you find that you eventually can with the grace of Christ, I'm convinced your love together will be completely everlasting...like these couples. =)

WARNING: ALL of these videos produce many warm fuzzies in your heart that makes your hair follicles tingle and your lips say, "Aaawww!! How cute!!"








http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2009/October/Couple-Celebrates-80-Years-of-Marriage/

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/October/Couple-Married-Almost-70-Years-Met-in-Prison/

Happy Valentines Day to all of my friends and family, both taken and single. God has wonderful plans for you!
Sincerely,
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP